Arya's first Christmas was something we've been looking forward to, and which did and did not meet expectations.
The bad news was that I wasn't in my own flat that I own in time for Christmas, so we weren't able to buy a big tree and decorate it. We did, however, go up to Leeds to visit Hannah's parents and put the decorations we had bought onto the tree there.
I won't lie, I made out like a bandit this Christmas, but it was nothing compared to Arya. We were careful to insist that people not go mad on her gifts, but she was still inundated with clothes and toys and books, including The Gruffalo in Scots, which Andrew and I can only read very badly, but which is awesome.
She also got a couple of rockers, one for Ipswich and one for Ely.
This one is the dragon. The other is a caterpillar.
She didn't, for the record, focus on the boxes and paper more than the presents, although she certainly seemed to enjoy unwrapping things. One of the lovely things we're seeing lately is that she is beginning to cuddle things. She got cuddly toys from most of her grandparents, and has cuddled most of them (although waving them around by an arm or an ear is still more usual).
She is also really, really mobile these days. It's nerve-wracking sometimes, but it's amazing too.
In three months, it's the next big event: her first birthday. Of course, I say that, but at this age it's all big events.
The bad news was that I wasn't in my own flat that I own in time for Christmas, so we weren't able to buy a big tree and decorate it. We did, however, go up to Leeds to visit Hannah's parents and put the decorations we had bought onto the tree there.
I won't lie, I made out like a bandit this Christmas, but it was nothing compared to Arya. We were careful to insist that people not go mad on her gifts, but she was still inundated with clothes and toys and books, including The Gruffalo in Scots, which Andrew and I can only read very badly, but which is awesome.
She also got a couple of rockers, one for Ipswich and one for Ely.
This one is the dragon. The other is a caterpillar.
She didn't, for the record, focus on the boxes and paper more than the presents, although she certainly seemed to enjoy unwrapping things. One of the lovely things we're seeing lately is that she is beginning to cuddle things. She got cuddly toys from most of her grandparents, and has cuddled most of them (although waving them around by an arm or an ear is still more usual).
She is also really, really mobile these days. It's nerve-wracking sometimes, but it's amazing too.
In three months, it's the next big event: her first birthday. Of course, I say that, but at this age it's all big events.

No comments:
Post a Comment